Black Widow’s Scarlett Johansson addresses her MCU future

DIGITAL SPY – Black Widow star Scarlett Johansson has addressed her Marvel future.

The actress has played the role of superhero Black Widow (also known as Natasha Romanoff) in the MCU since 2010’s Iron Man 2, but the character ultimately met a tragic fate in Avengers: Endgame, sacrificing her life to retrieve the soul stone.

Despite her on-screen death, the character will return to screens next month in her very own standalone prequel movie and speaking recently, Scarlett opened up about her future in the franchise.

While it seems Black Widow will no longer be part of The Avengers in a traditional sense, Scarlett is hopeful she’ll be able to “collaborate” with Marvel “in some other kind of way” moving forward. Yay!

“I’m never going to be ready to not be a part of it,” Scarlett told Total Film Magazine.

“They’ll always be family. I’ll never feel ready to not be in it, because I hate to feel like I’m missing out on stuff with them. And who knows? Maybe at some point, we’ll have some opportunity to collaborate in some other kind of way.”

She added: “It was certainly wonderful to be able to produce this with [Marvel], because I got to really know the process, and know them in a whole other intimate way. It was very exciting.

“At the same time, I really feel good about moving on from this chapter. I feel incredibly proud of this film. It’s so strong. It turned out so beautifully. It has so much love in it. Everything in it has intention and purpose.

“And, you know, I will always love Natasha. I’ve loved to play her, and I feel that she stands alone in this universe in a way that I feel really good about.”

“In every way, and certainly as an actor, it’s always better to leave a situation when you’re on top,” Scarlett added.

“And to feel good about something. It’s great. And I feel on top with this. I really do. I’m really proud of it. So we’ll see how everybody else sees it!

“But I will always love my experience of it.”

Black Widow is out in cinemas and on Disney+ with Premier Access on July 9.

Comments are closed.
Social Connect
Projects

Black Widow
as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow

A film about Natasha Romanoff in her quests between the films Civil War and Infinity War.

InfoIMDbPhotosOfficial Site

Rough Night   |   Jun 21st @ 11pm EST FX
Rough Night   |   Jun 22nd @ 5am EST FX
The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie   |   Jun 23rd @ 10am EST FLIXe
Family Sites
Cover Girl

ArticlePhotoshootScans

In her most recent magazine feature, Scarlett was featured on the March 2020 issue of Entertainment Weekly. In addition to a stunning photoshoot, she discussed the upcoming movie, Black Widow.

“This film is very much a result of that journey, my own personal journey,” Johansson says of her 10-year run as Black Widow. “I feel that I probably wasn’t as willing or able to go to the kind of uncomfortable, embarrassing, ugly places before. I think it’s just as you get older, you trust yourself more.”
Sponsored Advertisement
Quoting Scarlett
"I’m certainly, obviously, very happy and fulfilled in my personal life, but I’m also a sum of many parts, and able to access different parts of my story and how I got here. It’s all valuable."
Featured GIF
Site Information
  • Established: January 6, 2015
  • Maintained by: Jen
  • Founder: Alexa
  • Contact: Email | Form
  • Social: @sjohanssonnet
  • Hits:
Adoring Scarlett Johansson is an unofficial, non-profit fansite. We have no affiliation or contact with Scarlett or her representatives. All photos, videos and media are copyrighted to their rightful owners and no infringements are ever intended. Please contact us before taking any legal action.